Recently, I received a question about “worship” that seemed like it would be a really good idea for a blog post, so here it is. The question that was posed inquired about some good resources on worship. Even though I think most people are passed it, some churches are still undergoing “Worship Wars”, which I am convinced breaks the heart of God to see us sidetracked on such issues. Then others are just simply seeking to understand more, as we all should, about what it means to worship God, not just through music and singing, but with our entire lives. This is the 1 Corinthians 10:31 vision, that whatever we do, whether we eat or drink, we should “do all to the glory of God.” There is no doubt about it, He is worthy.
So, with that being said, here are several good resources on all facets of “worship”, whether that it is through singing, working, or suffering.
- Al Mohler just recently interviewed Bob Kauflin, who is on staff at Covenant Life Church in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Kauflin just recently wrote a book called Worship Matters. To see what he had to say you can read the article or download the podcast in MP3 format (to download, right-click the link and select “Save Target As…”)
- Bob Kauflin has a blog called Worship Matters in which he writes a lot about the various aspects of worship.
- Don Whitney, author of many books on the spiritual disciplines, has a whole section on worship on his website.
- The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary has an entire lecture series dealing with Worship and The Local Church.
- Any time that you have a question, whether theological or practical, you can find a wellspring of resources on John Piper’s website, DesiringGod.org. Click here to access their resources on worship.